Friday, September 11, 2009

Rules

If you did your homework, and you are observant, you probably noticed that some of my do’s and don’ts are different than or just plain contradict the rules found in Curly Girl: The Handbook By: Lorraine Massey ( hereafter known as CG). “Why then”, you ask,” did I need to read CG if she was just going to do her own thing anyway?” That is a wonderful question. My answer is matter-o-factly that I need us to have a similar plane of knowledge on which to begin building your understanding of curly hair. There is plenty to learn and I have a good deal to share with you, but let’s face it, there is only so much I can write at once. In order to get to the meat first, we need to have a common language and share a common understanding. CG is where enlightenment began for many curly heads, particularly myself. While I don’t agree with all that Lorraine Massey has to say in CG, it opened my eyes to a whole new way of thinking. That is priceless. Until you can open your mind and transform, it won’t matter what I or anyone else teaches you about curly hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails